(Mobility/Other Skill/Medium Metcon)
2 Rounds of...
2 Inchworm Complex
4 Side Plank with Reach (each side)
6 See Saw Step
10 Air Squats
200m Run, Row or Ski
Barbell Warm-up #2
Double Under Progression
NOTE: The following is Gary's nice progression for folks to run through - should not take more than 10 minutes total for progression
- Single Unders:
- Pick up rope for single unders.
- Nothing should change from above. Maintain good body position, keep arms relaxed use wrists to move the rope.
- Fast singles:
- Increase speed of rope focus on staying loose through the shoulders and arms using the wrists as much as possible.
- Power Jumps:
- No rope.
- Start with basic bounce body position. Jump starts the same on the balls of the feet with each jump bend a little more through the knee and jump a little higher without losing good body position. No donkey kicks or piking. The goal here is to stay in the air longer so that the rope has time to go around twice.
- Power Singles:
- Single unders using the big power jump.
- Timing and Rhythm (Flying Penguin):
- No rope.
- Power jumps with thigh slaps. While maintaining good body position do some power jumps. Using your hands slap your thighs twice while airbourne. Try to slap your legs using a flick of the wrists as opposed to the whole rigid arm.
- Double Unders:
- Try to put it all together.
16 Min. AMRAP
6 Hang Power Snatch (95/65)
6 Overhead Squat (95/65)
NOTE: Weights should be something that athletes can do unbroken during initial rounds. For non-Double-under athletes have them doing 36 singles with power jumps, vs. 2X singles. Anyone with mobility restrictions can either do Overhead Lunges or Front Squats.
Light Bar, Overhead Lunges, 36 Power Jumps