7 min Stroke Rate Pyramid 12-14-16-18-20-22-24-26-28-30-26-22-18-14
Start Rowing and every 30 seconds bump the Stroke Rate by 2 until you reach 30 and then decrease the Stroke Rate by 4 on the way back down. Try to maintain some of the power you accumulate on the way up, and use it on the way back down the pyramid.
- 1 min max effort strict (no momentum) supine leg roll ups (lie flat on the ground on your back. with your arms down by your sides, tuck your knees towards your chest and work to pull your feet up to the floor behind your head and then all the way down with control. If successful, try the same thing, but with your hands on your forehead)
- 2 min banded ankle mobility
- 1 min max effort strict (no momentum) supine leg roll ups
- 500m Sprint Buy In
- Immediately followed by 3 Min Max Meter Row
- 2 min Rest
Using the Intervals:Variable setting on the monitor. You will program in the following 6 intervals:
- Interval 1 - for Distance 500m with No Rest
- Interval 2 - for Time 3 min with 2 min Rest
- Interval 3 - for Distance 500m with No Rest
- Interval 4 - for Time 3 min with 2 min Rest
- Interval 5 - for Distance 500m with No Rest
- Interval 6 - for Time 3 min with 2 min Rest
This workout is a tribute to the Row'd Royalty Competition. We had a blast doing this last year and look forward to doing it again this year! I think it's time we started training for it!
Your Score: your overall time, and sum of 3 min max meter pieces.